What type of carseat do you have?

My DD is 18 months old nad just got to 20lbs. I'm expecting another baby in December. I want to move my DD out of her infant carseat into a convertible one. I want to know which type of convertible carseat you have and what you like/dislike about it.

lvaughn26

Asked by lvaughn26 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have the Graco Nautilus and I love it. The harness goes to 65 pounds, my daughter will never need another seat because it turns into a booster. It isn't terribly expensive like the Britax seats. The only real con is that it is very heavy, but since it's in the car most of the time, it doesn't really matter.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my son is 15 months and rearfacing in a britax boulevard. no complaints here. it harnesses to 65 pounds. there are cheaper options that do the same, but there aren't as many options where i live.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have a Graco comfort sport and a Britax. Yes the britax is nicer, but mainly because it is easier to strip down when you need to wash the cover and its easier to install with its push button release latch fasteners, but the Graco is a nice comfy car seat at a reasonable price.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Just make sure that she stays rear-facing in the convertible seat, even though she's 18 months she's only 20lbs. DD's 18 mo and 25.5lbs and we'll stay rear-facing as long as her car seat allows, then I'm thinking of a car harness instead of the booster.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 6:20 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• both my 2 year old and my 5 year old are in britax blvds. i LOVE them. they are pricey but to me worth it.
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 7:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My 26 mo old DS is in a TrueFit and a Scenera. LOVE the TrueFit, not that crazy about the Scenera, its not as roomy. My 4 yr old DD is FF in a Nautilus (in both cars). This is a great seat IF you are forward facing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have a Truefit and a Scenera as a spare...the little boy we had custody of for a bit had a Alpha Omega..AWFUL to RF ..just awful..my older 2 had a confort sport but they have LOW harness heights and small shells so MOST kids outgrow them FAST...

For a little one thats used to the infant seat...Truefit for sure..its bucket shaped, Rfs to 35lbs and 50 inches and then FFs to 65lbs and is good for 7 years unlike MOST seats that are good for 6.

$149 with FREE shipping
    http://www.amazon.com/First-Years-True-Convertible-Monet/dp/B000YBIL4W
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• true fit!
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Graco Nautilus, love it. harness up to 65lbs. nice and roomy and my son seems comfortable in it.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have my 5 year old in a Graco Nautilus and I put my 14mth old son in it for shits and giggles (in the house, not the car) and I wanted to throw up. He is so little in that seat... I couldnt imagine strapping him into that everyday ..... My son is rear facing in a Evenflo Triumph Advance. We love it!!! I only paid $140 and it rear faces to 35lbs, forward faces to 50lbs. I see some people hating on the price of Britax, but I wanted to say that Britax is one of the best seats on the market, in my opinion it is THE BEST. and both my kids are getting new ones soon. When you pay the high price for those, you are paying for safety features that you dont get with most other seats. If you look at the reviews on Britax's website... Police officers, Firefighters, Emts go on there talking about a accident they responded to and how they truely believe that Britax seats saved many lives... they are amazing!
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2009