what is the proper amount of time needed between introducing new veggie's into my baby's routine?

LennonT0609

Asked by LennonT0609 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have used 3-4 days in between new foods. You need to be sure that your child is not allergic to the new food. This way you can pinpoint which food it is instead of wondering what new one is he/she having a reaction to if you do too many close together.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 6:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• 3-7 days. Depends if you have family history of allergies and what book you read.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i usually change to something new when i know that my child has accepted and likes the veggie i just introduced to them. i sometimes in order to get them to like it. i would make a little rice cereal and then mix in a little vegi in it and add more as the wk progresses. then at the end they have the whole vegi and no cereal. this works best for spanish which i found my baby boys to reject and would not accept until i strating the mixing. that way they just don't accept the fruits and reject the vegi all together. they learn to love the vegis as well as they get more variaties
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009