out of control 6 yr old please help!!!!!!!

my six yr old daughter has been having issues in school. she has been caught standing on bathroom stalls looking at people. running and screaming through the halls. talking back to the teachers and staff and arguing alot. Also not doing her work or rushing through it talking obsessively and disrupting the class. She also has been pushing kids and spitting on them. My daughter is usually very sweet natured and would never hurt another student but this is the second time and now there threating to expel her. I have took everything out of her room except her bed. told her she couldn't go to her friends b day party, also told her she would not be going to the camping trip with girl scouts or going to the zoo on the class field trip. The bad behaviour still continues even with all that I have done she got in trouble yesterday and today for talking back arguing and running and screaming what more can I do please help me ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Start watching the super nanny. It's usually a problem that starts with the parents. It may give you a better insite to what is really going on.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Never an easy question. Each child is different and wonderfully unique, so obviously, each has to be dealt with differently. She is your daughter. What do you think is causing this? What has changed in her life lately that could be causing her to act out like this? What is she saying is the reason for why she is doing this? What are you doing with her when she's not in school, is she punished? I would change the punishment. Make her sit quietly, writing or reading, with or around you, don't let her be alone to do just nothing. Whatever it is that you do, please be sure to say what you mean and follow through. Too many parents do not do this, and it only hurts the child in the long run. Being a parent isn't easy, nobody said it would be. Good luck.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 6:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Check to see if there is a bully. That should be a red flag to anyone at the school. Likely, she won't say anything unless asked. Even then she might not admit it until someone really really gets involved and she feels she can trust them. Seriously check into this. If this is REALLY not normal behavior, I'd be all over the school and everything to find out what the heck was going on with her. Does she get enough sleep? What about food - does she eat well? Is there anything new going on at home - a move, a new baby, a new marriage? It is up to you to find out what is bothering her, because to the teachers and school, she is just another unruly kid. If this is truly not normal behavior for her, you have to dig until find the root of the problem.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2009