how long do you think my 9 month old son should spend in his walker a day?

adensmommy14

Asked by adensmommy14 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no more than 30 minutes. I didn't even use a walker with mine, but everything I have heard they should not be in them longer than 30 min a day
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Agreed. 30 minutes is plenty. They need to be down on the floor to perfect their motor skills they need for crawling, cruising, and walking.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 6:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i have never heard that there should be a limit. i was going to say it depended on the child. some really like their walkers and learn to walk real quick. some don't like them at all or just don't care. now if he is just sitting in it and seems to not move at all with it. i would probably not even put him in it at all and wait til he got older and try again.. i had a baby swing and my youngest son loved being in it. i would take him out and he would cry and reach for it. so i must admit i would leave him there. he just loved it so much. it wasn't like i left him for hrs but for sure more then a half hr and i left him if he fell asleep. no side effects either. rarely used the walker so this time around i don't even want to get one.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I never left my DD in walkers or jumperoos more than 10 minutes.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009