have you ever made mashed sweet potatoes? is it good?do they mash well?

thankyou!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Food & Drink

• That is how most people make sweet potatoe casserole. They just mash them up, add an egg, and i think some milk, sugar and such and put a crunchy topping on it. If you dont have the time for that you can just mash them up with some milk and i would add some brown sugar and butter. Or you could sprinkle it on top. Make sure the potatoes are hot enough to melt the sugar. The casserole is the way to go though! YUM
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Mmmm those both sound yummy! I have made sweet pot fries and we like em.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i love mashed sweet potatoes!! i just boil, mash, and add some butter and brown sugar or honey... yumm!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• mash em, add some butter, cream, a can of crushed pineapple, and either brown sugar or molasses....then put it in a casserole dish and put mini marshmallows all over the top...then broil it real quick till its golden brown...we serve this dish with EVERY thanksgiving meal...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We love mashed potatoes. They are a great early solid for babies. I like to put in a little butter, salt and cumin.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• butter, salt, brown sugar and cinnimon
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I mash them then top them with a bit of melted margarine, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon, then bake until hot.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I roast mine first in the oven then cool a little and peel off skin, just add a little butter salt and pepper and mash with fork.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I whip them up with Cheddar Cheese! A little salt, pepper, and butter.

I use the left overs, like there are ever left over cheddar sweet potatoes... to make Mayan burritos!

cheddar mashed sweet potato
    black beans
    chipotle salsa
    avocado
    more cheese!

in a burrito! OMG! It's soooo good. Since it's black and orange it's a really fun Halloween kids meal. Use milder salsa.

Here's one of my fav sweet potato recipes

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/09/05/sweet-potato-polenta-cakes/

it's a "grits cake" made with sweet potatoes. Southern food done healthy and right.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I first bake, then mash my sweet potatoes. Then I mix them with margarine, cinnamon & cayenne pepper to taste - YUM!
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2009