Daycare and Mother's day out programs...

I'm a SAHM and I have three kids (9, 7, and 3), none of them went to daycare/MDO. My husband works out of town, so I cannot even ask him to work from home to watch the little one or take half a day off so that I can go at the dentist. I do have friends, but I don't want to exagerate on them watching my kids. I ask when it's absolutely necessary.
So my question is for all SAHM who send their kids to daycare/MNO... What is your reason for doing it? The real one! I'm not judging, I'm just trying to see if I'm "normal" in wanting to send my 3yrold to have some time for myself...
NO BASHING COMMENTS NOR JUDGING ONES, IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING GOOD, KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELVES... you know who you are!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think u NEED to have "mommy time" U have to take time for yourself to relax. i have my mom watch my baby at least twice a month just so I can go out with my friends. If i do it too often i do start to feel guilty but u have to do it every once in a while to stay sane! Dont feel bad. It is normal to want to spend time away from ur kidds and when ur husband come home u should spend alone time with him too without the kids. It will help keep ur relationship strong.
    trentsmommy13

Answer by trentsmommy13 at 7:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my REAL reason lol was that I needed a moment to breathe! I LOVE my youngest and I ADORE spending time with him but my husband is constantly gone (military) and I need sometime to myself sometimes and that is totally normal. I also did it because my son who was 2 when he started, really enjoyed the interaction with the other kids! dont feel bad at all!!
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 7:24 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• All 3 of my older ones, and soon my younger one, will go to preschool. I did it because I thought it was good for my kids to have the socialization. It also helped that I was able to do my shopping and heavy cleaning while they were there so I could spend time with them when they got home. It is very normal to want some "me" time and you deserve it! Sounds like for the last 9 years you've had very little of it - it's about time.

Answer by missanc at 8:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• FYI, I'm part of a MOMS Club so we have at least weekly playgroups, and most of the weeks, at least one if not two activities we attend. So my 3 year old gets plenty of social interaction, another reason I cannot "use" to justify him needing to go....

Thank you all of you three posters, I appreciate you sharing with me. I'll try to see if I can now convince myself, first, then try to convince my husband, that one day a week might not be a bad thing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009