Christians ...a question about the afterlife.

So, you accept Jesus into your life, and try to be a sinless as a sinner can be. Then, one day you get to go to heaven to actually be with Jesus. So, you're with Jesus and everyone's happy and you get to talk to all those who died before you etc etc.
And then what? You just spend eternity in heaven ...doing what? Learning from God? I assume that once in heaven, there will be no more sinners. ...so, ...
I guess i'm just a little confused. That doesn't seem like an ending to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if that is what your faith teaches then it would seem like that but in ours there are 3 kingdoms & you get to learn & progress from one kingdom to another. that is why there are sealings & baptisms done for the dead. the dead can reach other kingdoms & families strive 2 be in the same kingdom through sealings. ok before every one says that's ridiculous let me find a scrtipture from bible about the 3 kingdoms, 1corinthians preface says: christ died for our sins,he arose from the dead & was seen by many(which we believe was in the americas as well- book of mormon)all men will be resurrected,paul speaks of basptism for the dead,the 3 degrees of glory-victory over death comes through christ. verses 1 corin chapt 15, 40:41 which we know to be the terrestrial, telestrial, celestrial which are the sun, moon, stars. we live life as we do here but with no pain, illness or temptation. just learning of god & his eternal plan for us.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• What do you mean "then what?" Like you want a schedule of events or a Calendar? LOL.

We live, just like we are living here, except better.

We hang out with God, hang out with people, eat, do fun things. I am going to enjoy my mansion, LOL. I really would like to relax too.

I can't wait!!! : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Here's a list of verses that describe heaven. Also, I thought I would mention that Randy Alcorn has an amazing book called Heaven.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:18 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• That doesn't seem like an ending to me.

Thats because its not an ending- it is the beginning.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 7:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• not in search of a calender.

It just seems like ...there should be something more. After so much time of living in heaven for eternity ...idk. it just doesn't seem like an ending to me. Everything everywhere has always changed (even heaven) ...so what would be the point in stopping it then?

And really, if God already knows the outcome to everything ...then why are we all here doing this? He already knows when He is going to end the world and who will be allowed into heaven. So what's the point?
    Anonymous

• A beginning ...perhaps. ...but how can it be a beginning if nothing comes after it?
    Anonymous

• That still doesn't change the fact that nothing happens after that.
    Seems like a big waste of space. ...to do the same thing for all eternity.
    Anonymous

• as we accept his teachings, get baptized through the baptisms which we do for them here on earth & as they get sealed to their families members who get baptised or have already been baptised here on earth. some people do die without being baptised, they progress from one kingdom to the next. so all sinners which we all are but some greater then others are not just put in the same level of kingdom. the worst sinners go to the lowest level like those who rejected god here on earth or whatever god says. as you repent & accept god in the after life you progress. one member of the family or more will be in different kingdoms according to their level of sins or degree of sins or not accepting christ but they can learn & progress we do their sealings for them & they can be in the same celestrial kingdom cause only people sealed in the temple can be in the highest kingdom. must seem odd but really interesting if you sought about it.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• nah you'd see your family progress and grow. then they join you and you live together waiting for the others here on earth to come into heaven and them working to get to where you are at. there will be happiness and joy so overwhelming that it's not the end as some may think but only progression of your own if that is what you need to do or the progression of those that need to do it. it's like watching your children live their life here on earth learning and making mistakes but in heaven they don't make mistakes but they are learning. god will keep you learning of what we have no idea about his kingdom his universe. there is so much to learn. it's not like school either. no homework or stuff that doesn't make sense.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• melody ...to me THAT doesn't make sense.
    At some point everyone would be in heaven (or all the believers or whatever). and ...okay. so if you believe in the three kingdoms then there would be some change ...for a while. ...but at some point in time everyone would be where they are going to stay ...and that would be that. Eternity is a long time to learn. Eventually God would have nothing else to teach.
    Anonymous