Do you have any family support?

We don't. My family isn't in my life due to my Wicked Stepmother. My dh has no support from his family. In fact we haven't seen them for 6 months. I can't deal with this daily stress anymore.It doesn't seem like I can catch a break.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Do you attend church? If so, maybe you could join a womens group that could help you get a break
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We were in a similar situation when our kids were small. I joined the M.O.M.'s club in our area, and I can't tell you how much difference it made for me. It stands for Moms Offering Mom's Support, and is a national organization you can find online. They have playgroups according to your childrens ages, Mom's night out, craft groups, cooking groups, babysitting co-ops, pre-school co-ops, our group even had a "Dad's Auxillary" basically anything the moms want to set up for their group. I made so many friends who were sharing the same experiences, and I'm still friends with many of them all these years later.

Look them up, or find another local group, you can create your own support and even your own 'family'. We did.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Sometimes you have to build your own. My in-laws have never been in a position to be helpful in any way. My parents passed away a few years ago. My brother is five hours away and has his own very serious problems.

I do have a network of friends I can call on. Many of them are closer than family. In fact, our next door neighbors acted as grandparents to my son for his school's grandparents' day last spring, as they have always been there for us.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• You must have had me in mind when you posted this question! lol
    We have a son with autism, and my family is afraid of it! They used to be a great source of support, that is until one day he went into meltdown mode over a sudden change in the day's plans. It used to upset me that my family feels this way, but not anymore. I just count my blessings and thank God for cafemom, good friends, and my local autism resource center's parent's group.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes to a degree. A lot of my family is out of town, my mom watches our daughter while I work ( my husband works 3rd shift). So that helps us out a lot as daycare is way to expensive and from having worked in daycare, I am just not comfortable putting her in one. And my brother and sister in law live close by so I can always go to them if we need anything just as they can come to us.
    cpknut75

Answer by cpknut75 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009