She has pictures of our DD on her website.. What can I do???

Hello, im going to try to keep this as non-confusing as possible. My fiance and I just got an email from his parents (his dad and step mom) about a website that his bio mom set up. On this website, there are pictures of our DD (2), and neither of us authorized these pictures to be put on there.

He has no relationship this woman what so ever, and I want the pictures of my DD off of her website.. They are pictures that she took, so I want to know if there is anything that I can do about it?

There is a long back story that I wont bother you with, but we haven't spoken to her since our DD was about 6 months old...

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, she owns the pictues. Anyone who takes a photo is the owner of the photo. But at the same time ...she has pictures up a minor child that is NOT her child. I would just tell the website and without going into detail of your personal life ..just say that she has pictures of your daughter on her page and you didn't give her permission to do so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i would contact the website provider or domain owner and ask they get removed or call her and ask her to do so
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't think so since she's the grandmother and she owns the pix. I wouldn't take off pix of my grandkids so don't be surprised if she says no if you ask her to remove them.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Nope. She took the photos, ergo she owns the images from a legal standpoint. What you could do is ask her nicely to take the down.

Since the photos are of a child, it's likely that the domain owner will remove them, but the RIGHT thing to do is to ask her first.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 7:54 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If she owns the pictures there is nothing you can do.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• If you haven't seen her for 1.5 years, these must be some old generic baby pictures.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• That is a bummer for you and the down side of the web! I agree that since she took the pictures, she owns the pictures. Is there anyway you can email her and say something like- we do not want pictures of our daughter on the web... do not say, we do not want pictures on your website, just in a more general sense...you never know, she may abide by your wishes.
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No I have no way to contact her. I don't have her phone number or anything.

HappyTXCM- these are pics she took of my daughter when she was little, and some pics that his grandmother took of her (dd) and emailed to bio mom, even though we have asked her several times not to do so. SO im not suer what you mean by "old generic baby pictures.."

Thanks to everyone else, I am emailing the website to ask to see if they can remove them, since they are of MY child and will legal things going on, she isn't supposed to have them.
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 10:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2009