How long do you think you should wait between kids, before trying for another?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• its really up to you,my personal advice is to enjoy each child,no need to start having a lot of kids just because people think they ll be closer to each other,kids fight get jelous and are mean to each other wether they are 1 or 7 years apart.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 7:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• 2 years.
    It takes an average women's body up to 2 years to fully recover from a normal single birth pregnancy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I don't think I want any more than the one I have, but if we decided we wanted another one, we'd do at least a 5 year gap. That way we wouldn't have to worry about two kids in diapers/at home at once.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It depends on YOU. Your health and what you can handle.

My own doc says two years between delivery of the first and conception of the second.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It depends on your finances,your health,what your DH says counts alot, I often read where alot of women on CM admit that their DH didn't want more kids,but she got pregnant anyway,then when the baby is born ,she is now complaining my DH won't help me with the baby and he knows I'm tired,you can't make a man want a baby,just because you are married. Think about it real hard.

Anonymous

• I wanted mine about two years apart; my first was 17mo when we conceived the second. I did not want them too far apart as far as stages of life, I did not want to extend the baby stage of our live over a long span (once my children were potty trained I found I did not want to go back to that stage with another child), and I wanted to be able to reuse baby things.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:27 AM on Jul. 8, 2010