How Can I Help My Husband?

My husband just informed me today that he feels no emotional connection to our 7 week old baby. He refuses to feed her, hold her or do anything. He says he loves her, but feels nothing for her when she cries and feels no desire to even be around her. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• Men don't bond like we do. Give him time. My x didn't have anything to do with our children until they could walk.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• he is probably depressed, it doesnt just happen to women you know,he feels like all his freedom is gone and the baby is still too little,so just have him be more part of it, she'll win him,come on she's a princess.
    Anonymous

• Daddies can have the baby blues too! But this sounds more like PPD. Have him talk to his doctor about it?
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Is he sleep deprived? I agree, it sounds like PPD.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009