What does it really feel like when you go into labor? Is it like menstrual cramps? Because i'm having really bad cramps for the last 45 mins or so!!

XandersMaMa118

Asked by XandersMaMa118 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do u feel alot of pressure? it will feel like cramps but way way worse
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• have u lost ur mucus plug or peices of it?
    firstimemomm603

• Yes, it feels like period cramps at first. I didn't lose my mucous plug ...well, I'm sure I did but didn't realize it. My water broke at 8:15 pm...cramps started an hour later...then they started getting stronger and rhythmic...i.e. Contractions. I was SHOCKED at how UNLIKE the movies it was. I was 3 cm dialated in the hospital 6 hours later before the contractions actually started feeling a bit uncomfortable.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yeah that could be labor. Mine started at like 1am, a cramping feeling that would come and go, but it was just often enough and uncomfortable enough that I couldn't fall back to sleep. They didn't start getting more regular and stronger till the next night and I had my daughter the following morning. Good luck!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Oh and my water never broke, the ended up braking it for me when I was like 8cm dilated and my labor wasn't really progressing.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009