teeth!!!

I have two 7 months old twin boys. they both have 2 teeth each. i readed that when a baby gets the 1st teeth its time to see a doctor for the teeth(i cant spell the doctor that looks at teeth all day, sorry) but every doctor i call for them that work on teeth says not until there a year old. this didnt make sences to me. even there doctor that seems them for there shots keeps telling me to take them in to see a tooth doctor NOW! they got teeth its time. but ive called 3 tooth doctors and they say cant seem them until there a year. so do i keep looking or a tooth doctor or tell my kids' doctor that it cant be done. i even called the kids' doctor and called the tooth doctor they said to call and they told me on the phone yes they need to be seen if they have teeth but we cant see them until there a year old. what do i do? i hate getting this run around what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son's pediatrician said to ask our dentist when they would like to see him. They suggest around two years old for an introductory type appointment. They just sort of let the child sit in the seat, look at the stuff, talk to the doctor, see the office, and maybe the doctor will try to look in your child's mouth.
    It's the later appointments that they start to spend more seriously looking at the teeth.
    So unless your children have a mouth problem, I don't know what your pediatrician is worried about.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 8:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I've also heard that once they have teeth you should take them to the dentist. But, my daughter is 8 months old and there is no way she will sit and let a doctor poke and prod her mouth. She barely lets me put my finger in her mouth to feel her little teeth. So, I would say to listen to the dentists and just wait till they're a year old, instead of paying to take them and have the dentist not even be able to check out their teeth
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 8:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009