Can I have a birthday party too?

I know it sounds silly, but I haven't had a party since I was 13 and I am turning 25 next month. I really want to celebrate it. I want my family and friends to come into town, but my husband seems to think it's not that big of a deal and doesn't seem to care about planning it. I almost feel like I am throwing my own birthday party, and I don't like it. Should I just give up the idea, or should I go ahead, make the plans, send the invites, and have the party without his help? I just miss everyone and thought this would be a great way to have all of the family together. Don't get me wrong, I really don't care about the attention. I just figured people would actually come considering it has been over a decade since I celebrated. Some might actually have a heart attack. LOL. Any input would be great.

KittyCraig

Asked by KittyCraig at 8:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I say do it !! you also deserve to celebrate your birthday no matter what age .. :)
    I don't throw parties b/c I have no family where I live but my Dh always buys me or bakes me a cake.
    Mom's deserve Birthday's too...
    Go ahead and party like it's 1999 ... Enjoy Your Day :)
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Have a party! Have your husband or S.O plan it. ;)
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 8:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Wow, your DH sounds like a joke. I mean you should get to celebrate your birthday!
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009