she's biting nd it hurts!!

im breast feeding nd my 5 month old nd she tends to bite down really hard on my nipple once she's filled up. she doesnt hav teeth but i suspect she's teethn, buut she is gumming me to death! any tips to get her to stop???

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 8:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With mine I'd plug her nose, so she couldn't breath and she'd immediately pulled off. She hated it and would start crying, but after about 2 or 3 days she realized I'd do that when she bit me, so she quit and never did it again.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 8:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• The previous response was a good one. Also., three strikes. First bite, unlatch, tell baby it hurts, and relatch. Repeat on the second bite and end the feeding on the third. Try again in five minutes. Be consistent with that.

Since she's doing it when she's full, watch like a hawk and take her off BEFORE she can bite.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• what th epp said, or you can tap her mouth with your finger and say "no no, no bite" or something.
    Anonymous