Online tests determine an interview???

I am freaking out before I even begin the online application process. I have to take this "test" by Unicru before the retailer will even consider me, and I know of so many qualified people, some of whom had previously worked at the exact job at the exact place they were re-applying to, who "failed" this stupid test! They answered honestly, and with much competance, only to be told they failed and the company could not hire them. Seriously??? And in researching Unicru, I have found NOTHING good, only bad reviews!

Has anyone had any experience with this? Positive experience? Did you actually get an interview, or even hired? Is there a right way to answer these questions? Help!

PSMother

Asked by PSMother at 8:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Those types of tests are nearly damned if you do, damned if you don't. For example, one question might be- "Have you ever taken any office supplies?" If you answer yes, then they don't want to hire someone who steals from the company and if you answer no, then they will think that you are lying because who hasn't accidently taken a pen or paperclip from the office before? Anyways, if you haven't seen any good reviews from this company and you "fail" the test, then it might just be a blessing in disguise.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:57 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I hear ya! I was passed over for an interview at Best Buy because of this type of test. I've also taken it for various other jobs and now know how to do it. It sucks. My attention span just doesn't run that way. OMG the hardest one I took was for Murphy Oil, a Manager.... It included about 30 math problem questions. Hey... this would make a good question.... Follow me...
    Anonymous