Will I need to take her to the dentist?

So tonight my 4 year old daughter was riding on a plastic 3 wheeler(the Diego one) in the house. She had her head down and ran into my leg. I reacted by pushing the 3 wheeler away from my foot. She hit her mouth on the handle bars. It knocked one of her front teeth loose. Do I need to take her to the dentist?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• When my son was four he was chasing his sister and ended up hitting his front lower teeth on her head. The were a bit loose and bled for several minutes. They "tightened up" after a couple of days and stopped being sensitive after a week.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 9:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No
    Anonymous

• If she has a dentist already you can call them and see if they want to see her to be sure everything is ok, but she's probably fine. My son did something similar to one of his bottom front teeth when he was 4 and knocked it loose and little out of place and his dentist didn't want to see him. At his next appointment they just made note of it. It stayed loose for a while and just fell out a week ago, he's 5 1/2 now.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 9:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Yes. If her next 6 month checkup is more than a month away, make an appointment.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2009