can my leep keep me from going into labor?

Im about 3 going on four days over due, and i have a few issues like i've had a leep surgery done and there's scar tissue. Im not sure if that's keeping me from going into labor because i keep dilating then closing up. The docters jus tell me to wait. Does anyone else or has anyone else had issues with vaginal surgies that keep one from dilating? does this mean ineed to get a c-section?

Kaleesi

Asked by Kaleesi at 8:58 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had cryo surgery on my cervix before having children and the scar tissue made it so I didnt dialate properly the first two preganancies the doctors had to manually break the scar tissue so that I could give birth (a side note both we early inductions for other reasons) My third baby was 2 weeks late and i was in active labor and the nurse kept telling me i wasnt dialated and so there was no way i was close. I had all the signs of late labor and when she checked me I was still only dialated to 2 less than 10 minutes later i was pushing, my daughter broke through the scar tissue on her own.

You shouldnt need a c-section because of it, I agree wth the Dr's wait it out, your body will make it happen on its own. If they have to break it manually it hurts far more than letting your body take care of it during delivery.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2009