SAHM VS WOHM Tomorrow on Dr. Phil

Just thought I'd let everyone know this is what the show is about tomororw.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• I think Dr. Phil is ridiculous and full of crap. :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Why the hell would Dr. Phil even stick his nose into someone elses's business. Obviously with the way economic times are, most of us HAVE TO WORK. SAHM is simply not an option anymore. I think it's a very wrong thing to do... I should call and complain about him.
    Anonymous

• sorry hun, the only white guy with a talkshow I watch is Maury!
    Anonymous

• i can't wait for this episode!!!!!!!! it's about time somebody address this topic....i feel like i'm looked down upon for being a sahm...which it's 24/7, it never ends....it's harder than any job there is...just my opinion though, i wouldn't trade what i do for the world.
    Anonymous

• I'm a sahm and I'm here at home 24/7.......and broke but I didn't have kids to be put in daycare.....Anyway! Being a sahm means giving up ones self to make everyone else happy...."ME" time comes when the kids are in bed....on wait then hubby wants "HIS" time...so you have to get up before the kids to have it but that doesn't always work...then one looses the sense of self and learns that the daily wardrobe revolves around that fresh change of clothes after a shower...which is typicallly nothing more then jammies....when we do leave the house we put on decent clothes but take them off when we get home....save them for the next week when we get to leave the house to be in public.....And we rely on family for social network and if there is no family we fall into depression ....but dammit! we are devoted to our kids first!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'd watch him over Oprah anyday.

Anon 41 - well put.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I love how everyone says staying home is not an option. But paying $800 or more a month in childcare is? The only people who can say staying home is not possible are single moms. All the women I know who are married or live with their children's father and work, do so because they live in a house with a huge mortgage, drive new cars and spend tons of money outside the home - eating out, shopping etc. It's just a question of what you can live without until the children start school and you don't have to pay daycare costs.
    Anonymous

• Oh thanks! I will watch. I am really getting tired of the negative things said about BOTH. I choose to support and encourage women either way.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Some of you are severely misguided. I just hope that Dr. Phil shows both sides (especially the angry SAHM's who feel the need to prove themselves the better mommy at every chance they get) that IT DOESN'T MATTER. Being a mom, working or not is HARD, why SAHMs have such an issue with this I really don't know. If you SAHM, rock on, if you work, rock on. I can't choose what is right for your family, you can't choose what is right for mine. Fair enough?

Anonymous

• just what we need...more divide
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2009