My son found his pee-pee...

So I noticed about 2 days ago that Gregory was really trying to grab his little man when I was changing his diaper and today he finally got it, everytime I would take his hand away and tell him yucky, he would do it again! I know that it is normal for them to realize it is there and to be interested in it but he's only 8 months old... Is that normal? Is it anything to be concerned about?
Also, I noticed he's been peeing with his diaper off a lot more, he used to pee everywhere when he was smaller but I thought he had grown out of that stage until potty training of course!
Any input is appreciated ladies, thanks in advance!

youngmommy21709

Asked by youngmommy21709 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• don't be too worried. my husband is still grabbing his pee-pee all the time. to them its another part of the body that they have discovered and want to explore. Just wait till puberty when they find it again for the first time..LOL
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I wouldnt be to worried about it I have a daughter but my friend has a little boy and he was probably around that age when he found his it is normally. to him all it is another body part. Wait tell he ask u y u dont have one to.
    Anonymous

• that's when my son found his. Just let him do what he wants with his body until he's old enough to understand.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 9:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my son is 14months old and started to do this around 9 months old and at first i freaked out and would push his hand away but from what my mom told me this is normal he has only just found something new to discover...i just ignore it now cuz its not like he is taking his diaper off to get to it...
    babyowens081208

Answer by babyowens081208 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think it would be a waste of energy to try to keep your son from exploring his body...I"m sure it might be a little embarrasing in certain situations but he's going to do it either way, I would just go with the flow :)
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• LOL! I keep praying mine won't notice his until he's married. :)
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Be careful telling him it's yucky. Just say we do that in private.

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't say yucky or anything, either. It's a phase. I just kept on changing his diaper and when I was fastening it, he'd pull his hand out. No big deal. Or I had him a couple of toys and he'd let go. Normal behavior, just like tugging on his ears. It lasted a month or two. Doesn't do it anymore. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to say anything negative about his body. It's just parts at 8 months old.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• It's normal for them to do that just don't say yucky or connect negative words with his privates cause it could make him feel ashamed and bad about his body. Not trying to put you down, it's a normal reaction. I know he's only 8 months but just get in the habit now of not acting like it is dirty, and just let him grab down there if he does, my son did that too around that age. They just found a new body part. Then when he gets to be a toddler he'll really start actually playing with it so don't be freaked out. Just tell him we don't do that in front of other people.
    KatieM

Answer by KatieM at 10:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• is it weird that when I give my baby a bath he is only 4 months old and he tries to grab at his already? or when I am changing him?
    Anonymous