i think im haveing contractions i have a question about timeing

ok i think i just started them, i'm using contractionmaster.com i know they are useally like say 5 min apart but are they going to be the same length in how long they last because i've had 3 one lasted for 46 sec the 2nd one for 1 min 11 seconds and this last one i just had lasted for 53 seconds ... some insite please?!?!?!

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 9:19 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i would probably just relax & not worry about timing them unless it becomes obvious that you are really in labor and they are really close together and lasting a while. otherwise i would go crazy ;)

maybe you are to that point already.

but it's really normal to have a couple of contractions like 5 minutes apart that last a minute, & then have one that lasts 30 seconds. & then to kind of stall for 20 minutes. there really isn't a text book pattern. but if they are consistently 4-5 minutes apart and lasting a minute for about an hour, then you might want to head to your birth place.

i never timed my contractions but that's because my water broke & then within an hour i was in active labor with contractions so intense that i was too busy focusing on getting through them than to time them. that's kind of how i hope it goes the 2nd time. no timing really, just waiting until it's obvious & then go to hospital

good luck!
    Anonymous

• oh i definitely wouldn't want to be timing contractions by the second. that would drive me crazy. lol. if you really want to time them, then maybe just round to 10 seconds. lol. everyone is different! :)
    Anonymous

• im not timeing seconds its a internet site contractionmaster.com all i have to do is click a button and then click it again and read results
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 9:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• kristi, I think I understand what's up~ your body is trying to rev up into a more consistent pattern. Contractions can be wonky as they settle in, eventually.
    Once in a while there'll be a long/short one. But they'll start to get more regular as labor progresses.
    If for some reasons, you don't feel it's settling then forgo that stuff, go have yer baby, lol!

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• 4-1-1 is what i generally recommend as a helpful "guide":

4 minutes apart for
    1 hour of more, lasting
    1 minute for more
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:02 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• its all in my back lots of pressure like a bad back ache and it feels like some one is streching my skin around my back into my front and everything gets rock hard for like a min and half about 4 min apart i told my boyfriend i wanted to wait an hour or 2 to see if they stop because all week its like contractions would start then stop and i was fine so i dont know if this is it...
    kristi_prncess_

Answer by kristi_prncess_ at 10:34 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I went through this with my first pregnancy. I was confused because I thought "regular" meant they should all be 5 minutes apart. I had contractions that were 7 min apart, then 4 min, then 8, then 6, then 5, etc. So, I thought that wasn't regular. I didn't realize it was labor until my water broke. By the time I got to the hospital I had been in labor for 15 hours or more.

My OB said to avoid confusion next time, the rule is if you have 10 contractions in an hour then go to labor and delivery.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• ahh. so maybe it IS posterior! ouch.
    Well, this would be an "off" positioned baby thing. You can work to get baby moved to anterior. DO you want help?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:42 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• well that website sounds pretty cool then ;)

i think it sounds like you have a good plan in waiting an hour or 2 and seeing how things are going then

good luck! :)
    Anonymous