Jeremiah 29:17

What's being said here?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 9:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Basically, that God will curse those who did not listen to His word and join the exiles He sent to Babylon.
    Anonymous

• Thanks :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I read somehwere that someone said it means God hates figs. I was thinking great another thing I can't eat LOL.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

------------------
    LOL Anon is right! The fig tree typically represents the Jewish nation, figs are representative of the individuals. Those that resisted God's command to go into exile were the "vile" (horrid, disgusting,or offensive) figs.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• That is really cool. It reminded me of when Jesus cursed the fig tree. The first time I read that I wondered what that meant, how the tree didn't have fruit for Him when He came to it. It is totally symbolic-- the Jews were not expecting their Messiah.

Just like that, we need to be producing fruit and abiding in the vine because we don't know when our Master is coming.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2009