i need some help w/ Recipes in a jar!!!!

1. About how much does it cost to make one jar?
2. What are some good recipes to put in them?
3. Are mason jars the best to use?

Mrs.Loeffel

Asked by Mrs.Loeffel at 9:31 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I think that these are such a great and creative thing to make! Price out the Mason jars, you should be able to find them at Walmart. You can put a nice soup in them, or even mix for hot chocolate. I would Google the recipes for these, it looks nice when you layer the ingredients and then make a label with the recipe on it. Cut a 4 inch by 4 inch square of fabric for the top and secure it around the jar with either elastic ribbon or a rubber band with regular ribbon over it.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 9:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i use my great grandma dunclan's chocolate cake in a jar! its soooo easy, and inexpensive, and, you can cut in in half and use it for a small cake (for maybe a single or elderly person)

recipe is as follows

1 cup sugar
    2 cups flour
    1/4 cup cocoa powder
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    (thats what goes in the jar)

on the label you add the instructions...

mix 1 cup water & 1 cup salad dressing in a large bowl, add contents of jar & mix until smooth.
    pour into a greased 13X9 in pan at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. *mayo can be substituted for the salad dressing

for 1/2 the recipe (small jar) use 1/2 each, water & salad dressing, and a 9 inch square or round pan. it bakes about 20 minutes.

i have a ton more, but this one is really popular- and extremely easy + tasty. always been a hit!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I always think of hot chocolate! Yummy! Throw in some mini marshmallows or Andy's chocolate mints. I have recieved apple cider mix but you should google it. How about a peppermint tea, a pretty measuring spoon, and peppermint sticks?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Cost depends upon what you are making, and the number you make at one time.
    Mason jars are great but there are other nice looking or quaint jars you can use as well. As long as it has a tight fitting cover.
    Cakes, drink mixes, soups, muffins, ideas go on and on and on....
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 11:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I once got a mason jar with spiced tea as a xmas gift, all I had to do was mix it with hot water! another idea is the dry ingredients for cookies...I'm starting to think about xmas gifts and I have a ton of mason jars laying around with lids, this is a wonderful present idea!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:10 PM on Oct. 16, 2009