Have you & your child got the Swine Flu shot?? If, so did you have any side effects???

Our Daughter is 16months old & the Doc Office is going to start giving the Swine Flu shot, we have an appointment Tomorrow. I'm just afraid I guess, because of the side effects, our daughter has already had the Flu Shot. Any suggestions????

marcnsarah

Asked by marcnsarah at 9:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• Don't get it. All my nurses (they are my co-workers) and my teachers (they are RN's) say its a risk they are not going to take. I'm not going to take it either. I will not let myself or my son be their guinea pig, which is exactly what you and your daughter would be. Good luck though
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My daughter has been out of school for a week: with this nasty cold/flu stuff. She just got her flu shot/ mist about 2 wks ago: and she got this crap. Uggg!! N E Ways,,,,,right now there is about half the school out with this swine stuff n flu/colds. But, i am not gettin this shot, and neither is my daughter. Honestly, i don't think its necessary. I sound crazy, after just tellin u that the school is half gone: but really...........will it make it stay away???? I don't think so. I think it may just make it worse.
    SylviasMommy

Answer by SylviasMommy at 9:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No, you don't sound crazy. I don't want us to be a guinea pig & get a shot thats going to give her some type of side effect later on. I just don't trust this shot... My cousin is a Ped & he recommended getting it, but I don't believe we will. I feel like if she doesn't get it then, if she gets sick later on with the Swine Flu I will feel bad, but if she does then theirs these side effects that are scary...
    marcnsarah

Answer by marcnsarah at 10:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have a 20 month old, an 8 month old, and I'm pregnant, no, we haven't gotten this vaccine, and no way will we.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:13 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We have.

We've gotten no side-effects at all from it. Not even tired (which is totally normal side effect from any shot).

We probably would have waited for it to be out a little longer, but the swine-flue is being spread around our town right now.
    Anonymous

• Sylviasmommy,
    She got her flu mist at school and then came down sick? You do know that the flu mist has live virus in it.
    As to the OP. no we will not get it.
    Anonymous

• Nope.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2009