how to start potty training??

i was wondering the best way to start interducing a child to potty training?? my friend started her daughter at 16 months and she was in big girl underwear by 2 yrs? whats the best age ??

kaydencemommy

Asked by kaydencemommy at 9:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well start with introduction if your child is interested and shows sign of wanting to use it.Encouragement. lots of joy and praise. dont give up quickly sometimes its a long process and sometimes its not. all children are different.i started my boys at the end of jan and was done by late feb with one and march with the other. stickers, books toys and bubbles while they sat we blew bubbles so they could feel less pressure of going potty, and phone calls to granpa and gradma. oh and give the child days off my children enjoyed not having to go sit on the potty every hour. for a day.good luck/
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 10:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My mom just told me that a sign to start them is when they wake up in the morning and their diaper is dry then to start putting them on the potty. My daughter is 14 months & kudos to your friend who started @ 16 mo. I can't imagine starting her in 2 months!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 12:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2009