Baby wont sleep in crib.

my 10 month old daughter wont fall asleep in her crib. she wants to play, she's very active. so when i put her down with her bottle (and hses obviously WAY tired) she drinks for a min. then sits up. if i put her in her carrier strapped in, she stays put and drinks and falls asleep. plus shes been waking up alot now, and she was sleeping through the night at from 2 months on!

so, i would like her to start sleeping in her crib! i hate having her sleep in her carrier, sooo if someone could give me a tip thatd be awesome!

Kimbre

Loveaddict6

Asked by Loveaddict6 at 10:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I remember this, my dd did the same although she didn't slept through the night until she was around 5 months-11 months, then she started this pattern of fighting her sleep on a daily. (most babies change their sleep patterns numerous times) Try to stimulate the baby as much as possible and if you dont have a routine of some sort, pick one up. I would sing to her and give her a bath, as well as read. But before that, I would give her a late dinner right before her bath and the routine. I hope this helps, good luck!
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I agree with motherhubbard. My daughter started sleeping thru the night at about 2 months. Once we gave her a routine, she finally slept thru the night in her own crib. I would give her a bath, read for about 15 mins , then give her a bottle. I didn't give her the bottle in her crib though. I would give it to her on our bed, with the lights low(don't overstimulate) and everything around nice and calm. As she was able to sleep longer, we would push her bedtime to early every week or so. We started at 11pm and now(she's 9 months) she gets her bottle at 7pm. The routine def took about 2-3 weeks to do and it was very difficult in the beginning. You just have to be consistent. Once you put her down for the night in her crib, when she cries, either rub her back or speak very softly until she falls asleep. Unless, you absolutely have to, don't pick her up. If she's teething,maybe you can give her something before she sleeps.Good luck
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I was going to say maybe she is having some teething issues?? Think my baby is going thru the same thing.... she always slept well thru the night and resently has been waking up alot. She is 7 months and hasn't got any teeth yet. ??
    hollysybb

Answer by hollysybb at 11:53 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am having a similar problem. My baby is 6 months and about 2 months ago I started puting her in her crib from 9pm until I go to bed. When I go to bed I take her with me. (that is probably contributing to the problem but I don't want to change that part). But after I get her to sleep, she wakes up every half hour if not more and it takes at least a half hour or more to get her back to sleep. I rub her tummy but she just wont fall back asleep. I leave the room for 5 minutes at a time because I want her to start getting used to me not being there when she falls asleep and wakes up but it's not working. After 2 months I have seen absolutly no improvements. If anything, it is much worse. She will cry for hours and hours. I don't even understand how it is physically possible to go that long without wearing yourself out. What am I doing wrong? I am spending more than 1/4 of each day puting her to sleep. This is rediculous.
    Chickiebabe151

Answer by Chickiebabe151 at 4:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Also, I am new to this site and keep seing a bunch of abrevieations that I cannot figure out. Can someone give me a glossery of all of these (dd, dh, etc.)? I would appreciate it so much!
    Chickiebabe151

Answer by Chickiebabe151 at 4:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• DH dear husband, DD dear daughter, DS Dear son, MIL mother in law, FIL father in law, BM breast milk, BF breast feeding...im prolly forgetting some but theres a start
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My daughter wants to play in her crib alot of the time to but eventually she will go to sleep just let her play for a little bit and see how that does. My daughter is a 11 mths old and I will wake up in the middle of the nite and I can hear her playing she plays for about 5 to 10 mins then goes back to sleep. if shes not crying in her crib just playing I would let her play let her play for about 30 min to an hr maybe she will play her self to sleep. My daughter goes rite to sleep as soon as I lay her down but in the middle of the nite is when she wakes up and plays and I just let her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Oct. 15, 2009

• lol. okay the problem isnt that she wont sleep. the problem is that she WILL NOT lay down long enough to fall asleep or even to eat! she will sip her bottle for two secs then sit up and play, or cry. like she HAS to be strapped down in her carseat to actually eat or fall asleep......b.c shes so active, see what im saying?? and yeah she has three teeth coming in and i know thats why she wakes up in the night, but id like to get her to sleep in her crib, i have a routine, ive had it since she was 2 months old. she goes to bed at 8 pm everynight, but only if i strap her in.
    Loveaddict6

Answer by Loveaddict6 at 11:32 AM on Oct. 19, 2009