So I asked my ex if we could just be friends. Have you ever done this and how did it turn out?

Today I realized that we never got the opportunity to be friends before we started going out and throughout the relationship we fought a lot... we never learned appreciate or respect eachother so I was thinking that we could become friends and see where it goes from there... even if we dont get back together, we will end up being good friends... who knows.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• You can never be "just friends" with your ex. There are way too many emotions involved. You'll never really "move on" from the romantic aspect of the old relationship. When your ex finds a new love, you'll be jealous, and vice versa. Unless there are children involved, it's best to leave your ex as your "ex", and not your friend.
    Anonymous

• uh oh... too late for that I guess. I have to see him at work and I figured it might be a good idea to get along rather than hate eachother.
    Anonymous

• Depends. My husband's ex-wife asked him why they couldn't be friends, too. She likes to forget that she defrauded him of over $9,000.
    Anonymous

• You can always try it and see if it works for you. I've not been able to have it work for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i seriously doubt it will work, you still have feelings for him obviously because you said "even if we dont get back together" so you mean you would like to see if you two can get back together, BUT if you two are just friends and believe me he will think you mean just friends..what happens when he talks to you abut his "awesome hook up" from the night before..or he wants you to meet his new girlfriend? i think it will only end up with you in tears.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2009