Have you ever congratulated someone who is just fat on their "pregnancy"? lol

lol I did this once when I worked for an gyno a lady who looked very pregnant came in and I said "So when do we get to meet the baby?" I meant like "Are you ever going to have that baby" lol she said oh he's in the car my husband is bringing him up! Um oops!
When I was a teenager I put on a little summer weight and I tend to carry extra pounds in my stomach and thighs well a lady said to me "I hope you're a good mother to that baby. Maybe next time you'll use a condom?" I looked around and realized she was talking to me and started crying and said "I'm just fat!!!" lol She felt like such a jerk she couldn't stop apologizing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Only once. It was 28 years ago. I haven't done it since. I make sure I know before I congratulate. I wanted to crawl under the counter.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No, but when I was pregnant, some lady asked me when I was due, and I was like, "IM NOT PREGNANT," then I laughed and told her I was kidding... it was great :)
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• YES. Whooops!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 10:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• lmao LovinMyMikayla

that sounds like something i would do!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• No...omg thats funny though...but no I havent, Id feel soooo bad. When I think someone might be pregnant I usually dont say anything, I wait until I have noticed a round growth to say anything
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:37 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I am so afraid to do that so I never say anything unless they are nine months and ten days!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I've had it done to me and I was like wtf?
    SebsMom29

Answer by SebsMom29 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I've had it done to me and I actually just thanked the poor guy and went on my way. I am chubbs and I usually were maternity clothes anyways so I don't mind.

I did/do get offended though that because I am chubbs but if I really AM pregnant noone says anything out of fear that they are wrong. It especially hurt when I took my newborn to the same peditrition as my older daughter and one of the nurses said she didn't even know I was expecting. I had been there like 3 weeks before my baby was born and the same nurse was there. How could you have not noticed I was expecting then!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2009