what does back labor feel like

does back labor feel like a lot a lot of pressure in your back and it feels like some one is pulling the skin in your back right around to the front and your whole front gets rock hard????

kristi_prncess_

Asked by kristi_prncess_ at 10:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• For me it felt like the biggest cramp or gas bubble you could imagine times 10!
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 10:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Your abdomen getting hard is a contraction.

For me, back labor felt like deep, warm, intense but dull period cramps and a deep ache in my lower back. My best friend said she felt the same with her back labor, but also had incredible pressure on her tailbone.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Tailbone pain and my hips felt like they were going to split... but can start in back and radiate around to front.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• my back labor felt like a really intense muscle cramp and a dull back ache...plus the contractions in the front...which was like a really hard period cramp...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have a collection of posterior info, here's a tiny bit:

When the baby is in a posterior position, the bony part of the head is pressed against the bony part of the pelvis. The pressure of the contractions pushes the head into the pelvis and can cause tremendous back pain. Some women feel the pressure even between contractions. Few women expect to feel their contractions as mostly a back ache.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Here's a little more info (I messaged you a bit already)--

Truth about OP

Myths about OP

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:48 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Like a big fat guy was sitting on my back.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009