any information about adoption

my husband recently asked me if i wanted to adopt a baby girl(not now but in the next 3-4 yrs). he fears the high mental disorder in his family genes, knows i want a girl, and loves to help others out.being a teacher i understand, i hate seeing kids not being noticed or cared for. i have taught a few that the parents didn't care about their child, or so it seems. i like the idea but worry i will miss out on being preagent again( i only want two kids), and fear my side of the family will not love her like we do( my side doesn't even like step parents). i am not sure what to do about info or how the procedure works or cost. is there any advice any one can give? is this even a good idea? thanks for your help.

mommastink

Asked by mommastink at 10:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• well if your not the most wealthiest of people being able to adopt can be really costly, especially private adoption.

One way that I hope to help by adopting is becoming a foster parent and getting my adoptive parent license so when that LO that comes around cant go back to his or her own home I can be there to take them in and love them.

Look into your counties Foster and Adoptive system to see what they have
    Anonymous

• i would ask this in adoption section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2009