What could this mean? Missing period

I had my tubes tied over 3 years ago. As of yesterday, I am now 2 months behind on my period and my hormones have been all messed up with hot flashes and everything. And I am 30 years old, so I don't think it is menopause. I have a doctor's appointment, but I could not get in until December 3rd and I really want to know what this is. Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• Menopause CAN set in early...it could also be perimenopause which starts as early as 15 years before actual menopause.

I've had the occasional hot flash. Wouldn't mind the skipped periods. **smile**

I'm guessing you are trying to get into your OB? You might try the primary care doc...or vice versa, so you can get in earlier. Or perhaps there's some walk-in too? My doc does have walk-ins after 4PM.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Find a new doctor. Waiting 6 weeks for an appointment is outrageous.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• rkoloms...you were a great help. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• That is the only doctor I can see with my insurance. To see my OB/GYN, I have to get a referral. Apparently a lot of people in this area have the same insurance. They won't see me any earlier either because they are reserving their emergency spots for possible H1N1 patients.

I was thinking it MIGHT be perimenopause, but if it isn't then there is something wrong and it is bugging me.
    Anonymous