How old was your child when they weighed 65 lbs?

I ask because I need to get my son a new car seat he's almost at the height limit of 40 inches and he's not even 2!! Plus his little brother is going to be moving out of the infant seat soon.

I'm trying to decide between the Britax Boulevard or the Frontier. I don't want anything he will grow out of soon but I also don't wan to buy the Frontier only for it to expire before he's used all the stages.

Anyone have any insight?

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 10:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Go with a Frontier...OR get a sunshine kids radian XT your son could still RF in that seat it RFs to 45lbs LOL..
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:45 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My son weighs 65lbs. He's 8 and 4'4" tall.
    My other kids aren't even close to that weight. My oldest is 9 and only 45lbs, my middle daughter is 7 and 50lbs and my 3yo is 30lbs.
    If he's almost 40" then he's about the size of the average 4yo (my son weighed about 45lbs then). So it took him about 4 years to gain 20lbs.
    But you have to take into consideration how fast your son is growing. He could very well be the size of my 8yo son by the time he is 4.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:47 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I would love for him to stay rear facing but there is no car seat on earth that will rear face my son in my car. If you know of one of the higher weight rear facing seats that will fit in a VW Bug and allow both front seats to be occupied by adults please let me know! As of right now my husband cannot sit comfortably in the passenger seat because of the baby's infant carrier!
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 11:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My kids were about 11 when they weighed 65 . That was back in the 1970's and car seats were not a big thing. LOL. Or Booster seats. Do they want 11 year old kids in car seats? Yikes!!! How nuts is that? I am confused about this car seat stuff. My grandkids haven't used car seats since they were about 5 years old. They are still alive and undamaged.
    Anonymous

• we switched from a boulevard to a compas true fit and are much happier with it.

ANON, thank you for your fabulous spewing of stupidity. I'm really glad your grandkids are alive and undamaged. Please ask a highway patrolman how he felt the last time he had to pick a dead kid up that wasn't alive and undamaged. Something as simple as a car seat can save lives, but instead, we've got people who think they're silly and unnecessary. I do not undersatnd why people hate car seat safety so much. An item that is less than $200 can potentially save a child's life, and we try to argue about it. Seatbelts weren't really big back when cars rolled out. I bet you put yours on.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 1:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Man, I can't imagine how old my kids will be when they weigh 65. My 4 year old is 42 inches tall and 33 pounds. My 2 year old is 32 inches tall and 22 pounds.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I'm gonna say 8 yrs old because my 10 yr old is 80 lbs and my skinny 14 yr old is 90 lbs. Sorry I can't help you with any car seat suggestions. There is a car seat safety group on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RS8MM0/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rear-facing 5-40 pounds
    Forward-facing 22-65 pounds
    5-point harness with center front adjust
    Multi-position adjustable head rest for growing children
    Fatali

Answer by Fatali at 7:55 PM on Feb. 8, 2014