Duggars go Unassisted

What do you think about Josh and Anna's unassisted birth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I haven't seen the actual video/episode...but I saw previews and I think it's

AWESOME!!!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i think they were informed and i don't know that i would exactly call it unassisted since there was the "doula" there who clearly had the "equipment" and all as though she had done that kind of thing many times.

i think it's great for women to make informed decisions concerning their birth experiences rather than just blindly following ACOG's rules, which sometimes put mom and baby at higher risk.
    Anonymous

• I just watched the video and the doula was her CB educator. I did not see any oxygen tanks, pitocin, medical bags, etc. Awesome for the Duggars.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have not seen that show, or know anything about them, really.
    But if someone is prepared, informed, healthy, and able~ GREAT!! :-D

This woman has had several births prior, right?? So what's the big deal. lol.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• This was their DIL and her first baby.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think it's awesome! I went unassisted with both my kiddos!
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• "This was their DIL and her first baby."

Good for her!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I think it is wonderful! It was nice and peaceful, no shouting of push, push, harder harder harder! It was nice and quiet and calming. And they had a doula there and Michelle Duggar was there and she has done a few home births as well, so I say they were alright. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that (not that I can, 2 c-sections) . But I watched it and it was beautiful!
    cpknut75

Answer by cpknut75 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Who says you can't have a HBA2C? I'm doing a UBAC.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You can have a VBAC2 , i think Michelle Duggar herself had a VBAC2 (i could be wrong cause i lost count somewhere). I think its awesome that they did that!
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2009