Has anyone had a baby (under 24 months) break a bone?

My ds is 9 months old and has a buckle fracture on his wrist. It was a total accident while playing with daddy, I was right there. The dr called CPS of course and my husband had to leave the home or my kids would be removed. They said it is not normal for a baby to break a bone without tremendous force- which did not happen. I swear to GOD it was an innocent accident. I get that it is not common...but it is obviously possible bc we would never abuse our children. You can read my last two journals if you are interested. Thanks for any advice or just letting me know if your baby has broken a bone. It would make me feel better to know I am not the first this has happened to on accident.

Chick

Asked by Chick at 10:55 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• From what I remember it is extremely uncommon that young. BUT if you google it it says that that type is the MOST common for young children. Because "Definition: Torus fractures, or buckle fractures, are extremely common injuries seen in children. Because children have softer bones, one side of the bone may buckle upon itself without disrupting the other side; this is also known as an incomplete fracture.
    The word torus is derived from the Latin word 'Tori' meaning swelling or protuberance. Children commonly sustain this injury by falling on an outstretched hand.

Treatment of a torus or buckle fracture is by casting the injury for a short duration, usually about three weeks. These injuries tend to heal much more quickly than the similar greenstick fractures."
    Your doctor is in the wrong, he is just covering his ass.
    Anonymous