what does a misscarriage/ labor feel like?

I am having horrible abdomanal pain... and it's also going to back, I can feel my entire stomach getting hard, also I am feeling pressure on my vagina.
I am 5 months to the day..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you might just be having false labor pains but i would call the doctor just to make sure. maybe lay back on your activity level and see what happens in a few days.
    Anonymous

• water water water. Drink lots of water and call your doctor.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• i have had a miscarriage, i started spotting bright red blood...it didnt look anything like period blood, it was BRIGHT red...they let me miscarry at home naturally without needing a DnC, wich i found out later from my new gyno was good cause DnC can cause scarring and cause problems in SOME people later in life. But i do have to say that it was very traumatic for me, i remember alot of bad details you dont need to know...but from what your saying it doesnt sound like a miscarriage...if you start spotting call your doc ASAP....if caught it CAN be stopped...i was only 6 weeks so there was no possibility. Also its possible you are dehydrated...it can cause some really extreme abdominal pain when your dehydrated....i had that with my first daughter and thought i was dying...LOL
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I decied late last night to go to the ER. I just couldn't handle how un-comfortable I was. It turned out to be braxton hicks and severe dehydration. I was an IV fluids till I was released early this afternoon. I am feeling better but the braxton hicks are still kicking my butt. Thanks Ladies for your advice.
    Anonymous