Serious Question.....a little TMI

My son is 1 yr and 1 mo now. I have taken him in the shower with me since he was about 4 mo or so. When should I stop? I know that right now he doesnt comprehend that kinda stuff but even so, he has noticed and played with the bush down under while im washing my hair or something and he is just standing in the tub.......

CassCass

Asked by CassCass at 10:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think there was anything wrong with your son showering with you when he was a baby, but I think that at this point, you should be showering alone.

It's one thing to, say, be changing or something when he's in the room, because the space is bigger, and there's other things so he's not really going to pay attention.

But, if you think about it - this is what's at his eye level. And in the close confines of a shower, it's "up close and personal" if you know what I mean. Plus, at this age, kids are very curious and want to explore their environment. You put all of that together, and, well...

I think, at this point, it would be best if you're home alone (I tried to answer your other question on this), then you should shower before he gets up or after he's asleep, and give him his bath separately.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My therapist said stop at age 2. I really think it's what you feel comortable with.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 11:06 PM on Oct. 13, 2009