Has anyone taken Trazadone while pregnant?

I am pregnant and my doctor prescribed me tazadone to help me sleep. I just really want to know it's safe. Has anyone taken this med and their baby came out fine?

Fairy_Wings

Asked by Fairy_Wings at 11:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doc made me get off of it before getting pregnant. It's a class C drug...which are usually reserved for "if nothing class B is working... and not sleeping is worse for the baby than any possible risks of the drug."

So if he just off-the-cuff recommended it, I'd be a little worried. If you've tried benadryle, or other sleep aids with benadryle as the main ingredient (like tylenol PM or some types of unisom) and still aren't sleeping...then (if it were me) I'd probably take it because sleep deprivation can be pretty bad for the baby.

just my 2 cents.

Anonymous

• I took it for three of the last four weeks of my pregnancy. And my baby turned out fine. Didn't help me much though.
    SweeThang931

Answer by SweeThang931 at 12:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I took tylenol PM through my whole pregnancy because my dr didn't want to give me a prescription but said that was fine to take. My daughter is almost 2 and fine. I don't think i would take any prescription meds unless it is for your thyroid or something that can cause a miscarriage unless you take care of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2009