My baby cries with me more than daddy. Nothing I do soothes him but everything daddy does helps. What's wrong with me?

lisadecker82

Asked by lisadecker82 at 11:00 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is nothing wrong with you at all. Your baby may just like his daddys voice. sometimes babies prefer a stronger male voice to a soft mothers voice. there is nothing you can really do for that. You could just try holding him with his daddy next to you so he can comfort him but you are the one holding him. but really, there is nothing wrong with you at all
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 11:04 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Babies can sence tention and anxiety. If you think your baby is going to be fussy when you hold him he just might be! Just try and relax, it might help.
    Jessycwr

Answer by Jessycwr at 11:22 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• Poor mama. My daughter had really bad "colic" and screamed constantly but as soon as my husband came home she would calm down. It made me feel like the worst mother in the world. It could be he just likes Daddy's hands better, his voice better, you get too tense, maybe you are a SAHM and so daddy is exciting.  HUGS.  Your son will love you.

MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 1:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Right now, it's daddy. In a little while, it'll probably be you. Then it will be Daddy again. My second was a complete mommy's little boy until a few months ago. Now it's Daddy, Daddy, Daddy, no I don't want Mommy. It means nothing. My oldest has also gone through a stage where all he wanted was Grandma. They don't understand that it hurts you.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• babies can sense tension, anxiety, frustration...etc. so if your stressed and tense, baby probably is picking up on that.

just try to be patient and as stress and anxiety free as possible

:)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I agree with PP that it is a phase and that if you are tense that doesn't help. I don't know if you are a SAHM or not but sometimes they just need a break from you and daddy is that break. Don't take it personal it will pass and likely go back and forth for a long time to come.
    melmel83

Answer by melmel83 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2009