Is this fair or should I just try?

Okay so I have tried many birth controls and they always have the same effect on me, moodiness, increased anxiety, and just short with everybody... Also my normal period is only 4 days maybe 5 and they come every 40-43 days so I like that its not every month

So since my hubby has experienced this first hand he has offered to start to wear a condom once the baby is born. I am okay with this but other people see it strange for some reason. So I got to thinking well maybe this time the BC wont bother me as much, but after all of the years and different BC methods its always ben the same.

So what do you ladies think.

If your hubby/SO offers to wear a condom so you dont have to go on birth control would that be okay with you?

any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your husband is offering to take responsibility for bc and wear a condom, which most men try to squirm their way out of? Does he have a single brother? lol

Seriously, you both know the effect bc has on you. He's offering to take responsibility for it so you don't have to suffer. Of course, you could check into other methods, such as an IUD, if you wanted, but what's wrong with taking him up on his offer? You two are married, decisions about things that affect your health, family, and future family choices should be made together, and made with the best interests of all of you in mind. It sounds like that's what he's doing, so follow his lead.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Ummm...yeah. It's not often that a hubby would offer to have the responsibility of taking care of BC. He is obviously willing to help you out. I am sure there is also the knowledge of your moodiness and such that is motivating him :) Go for it. Who cares what other people think? Is it their bodies? Is it their marriage? Are they in the bedroom with you? Do they have to live with you like that? No...so just do what you feel you need to do.
    Anonymous

• I have never been on birth control, ever. I refuse to put synthetic hormones into my body. My husband and I use the rhythm method--I keep careful track of my cycles, and we do not have sex in the 3-5 days around ovulation time (if we do, we use a condom). All the rest of the time, during the "safer" times of month, he pulls out at least 20 seconds before ejaculation. Believe it or not, this has always worked for us beautifully. We have been married 11 years, and have only 2 kids--both times were when he "released" inside of me during my calculated ovulation time. Of course this method works best if your cycles are very regular, and it's not foolproof and may not work for everyone, but it has for us. You can also consider doing diaphragms or spermicide in conjunction with or instead of condoms. Good luck to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Yeah, I know married people who used only condoms because of bad b/c pill side effects. It's no big deal. Good for him to be willing!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2009