Is anyone out there dealing with severe hypothyroidism?

I am trying to heal. I need to know what kinds of supplements I should use. Please if you are a sales person, I don't want to hear it, just from people who really have experienced this.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• What is hypothyroidism?
    Anonymous

• It is a disease where your thyroid doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone to accomodate your body. My TSH is at 39.
    Normal TSH is less than 3. (TSH= Thyroid stimulating hormone, produced by your body to make your thyroid make thyroid hormone)
    That was a very basic picture of it. If you google it you can see all the symptoms.
    ALL women should be checked for it.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I just had my thyroid checked last week. But my doctor thinks it's pcos since they mimic each other. But on the website for common symptoms I had 10 for low thyroid. Since PCos makes conceiving difficult I don't think I have that since I just miscarried last year and on pills and still have screwed up periods.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• PCOS and hypothyroidism are "partner" illnesses. They often go hand in hand. Have you increased your thyroid med at all?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I have crappy government insurance (hubs military) so even though I go my initial blood work done a week ago I still have 3 weeks before I have my ultrasound to check my ovaries and until thats done he won't even think of prescribing meds. Shoot it took me 6 months of calling once a week before they brought me in for my initial visit. Go me! I just want to stop feeling yucky and actually have some energy.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2009