at what time do you go shopping on black friday

and can you name some things you got a really great deal on im just wondering if it's worth it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't go, too crazy lol
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:30 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• In the afternoon when the stores are all clear of crazy stampedes and crowds.

I guess the hottest items are gone, but I picked up a $20...6 foot lighted christmas tree that way with no alarm clocks and no stress.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:32 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• I avoid every store and the area surrounding them on that day
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 11:33 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We only go to Menards and usually around 11. We miss out on some deals but I hate the early morning rush. To me they have the best ad every year. They get in things like candles, blankets, toys, etc and they are crazy low. Last year we filled our trunk and it only cost us $30.00.
    Anonymous

• I've never shopped on black friday.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• EARLY. lol. 530 usually because the stores open at 6, but I've actually gone out with my mom at like 430 in the morning years ago, but we had breakfast at a place that was open that early just for that day so it was cool.

I've never gone for myself, but I always go to help my mom so one of us could stand in the layaway line (if they have one) and one can grab what she wants.

Last year my mom got two portable dvd player for like $40 each if i remember right.
    Anonymous

• My shopping is done by Halloween, and wrapped by Thanksgiving. On black Friday I stay home and decorate for Christmas and eat leftovers!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:43 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• We tried a few times but the deals were not that good and the crowds are too annoying. Yukk. I will never do that again.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 12:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I only go if there is something that is on my list like last year the leapsters were on sale at walmart for I think $30 I needed two of them so i was in line by 5 am ( i live in a small town so i can be there a little late) I got both leapsters in the colors i wanted I also grabbed vidoe game chairs for about $20 each a my size barbie not sure how much a ton of movies ranging from 3-10 dollars in price, Jammies I got great deals on.

I also picked up MP3 players for $7 each I needed 3 so that was a huge deal.

I never get anything big because most stores only have 2 or 3 on hand so its too hard to get them.

your best bet is to take a friend or friends have cell phones and everyone have a list have 1 person with a shopping cart and everyone else go grab what you need, it worked best that way. I have only done this 4 times and it is nuts so be prepared to stand in long lines and have to squeeze to get things.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Mom, grandma, aunties, and I are in the Van by 4:30 am every year. To me it is worth it. Last year I got DH a $600 set of Craftsman Air Tools for $289. Also got his $40 jeans that he loves for $8 a pair. We love black Friday. It is the day that us women leave the men with all the children and Thanksgiving leftovers, and have a hectic day of deals. We usually make it back home by 3 or 4 and help each other put up and decorate the trees with the kids. Oh did I mention that we all eat Thanksgiving at grandmas and we leave the dishes for the men to do on Black Friday? It is great. They do them because they are scared of Grandma. The rush of BF is not for everyone but it is a blast for us. Weigh these points when deciding if it is worth it to you. Is there someone to go with? Not fun alone. How well are you with crowds? And are you willing to fight for a deal? Cause it is a free for all. Making a store schedule is also helpful.

JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 1:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2009