How long did you have BH contractions before True Labor started?

I am 38 weeks and I have had BH ctx for almost two weeks. Some are very strong, but no pain. I lost my mucus plug @ 36 weeks. I saw blood and mucus 3 days ago. 2 1/2 weeks ago I was already 50% thinned! I am getting very anxious! Is labor near?

DBoswell

Asked by DBoswell at 11:40 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My BH started in my 4th month, all three times. But if you're asking when it got bad enough to be bloody annoying, at about 36.5 weeks. The only one I went into labor with on my own was my last, at 41 weeks, and then 2 days of labor before she was born. So it took almost 5 weeks. Sorry to be your party pooper.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I never had any BH contractions... I thought my labor might be BH for like 12 hours lol.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Well I'm 17 weeks and have them constantly. With my daughter I started having them very often around 20 weeks adn was in triage being monitered constantly. Never actually caused me to go into labor.
    mommacierra

Answer by mommacierra at 3:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• my mom had them nearly the whole pregnancy, at least mild ones. i have read that when you have the bloody show that you will go into labor very soon as opposed to the non bloody mucous that can happen way beforehand, so that might be more the kicker than the BH. not sure tho you might wanna research it or ask ur doctor :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 3:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• The started way ealy, like in the 25th week or so.
    pinarsan

Answer by pinarsan at 6:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009