What weird quirks....

do your pets have?
My boxer/pit hates water in any form other than his drinking water. Hoses, pools, lakes, ocean, he won't go near it. It's been raining lately, so we have to put his "horse" blanket on, and take him out on his leash so that we can make sure he'll pee, lol!
My cat has six toes and a tiny little tail (she's not a Manx, she just has a short tail.)
My husband's cat will eat mesh so we have to keep loofahs out of reach.
Our little cat likes to "spray," but nothing ever comes out because it's a female, haha!
What about your pets? I know some people think animals are all the same, but everyone's pet has something goofy or weird about it!

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Our cat hates to be touched by your hands but she'll love your feet up! she also doesnt eat anything but her dry cat food, (she'll never touch your milk, icecream ect.) but she will eat all white tuna from the can if you leave it there! crazy spaz
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• DHs Mastiff will reach out with both feet when you walk by wanting you to push his feet so that he can have a good stretch.
    My Catahoula has to have the MOST quirks I've ever seen a dog have. She will sit forever and watch us through a mirror - just sit and stare. She will also be outside playing and right in the middle of full run, she'll come to a screeching halt and shove ONLY her head through the dog door - take a look around to see what's going on, then bolt like lightening back to play outside. She will also sit and stare out the window, sitting perfectly still - then jump like a flash, fly through the dog door, straight to the outside of that same window and stare in from the opposite side. While playing with the Mastiff, she will literally climb perfectly straddle of his back and bite at the wrinkles on top of his head. And those are just a few things - there are many, many more.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• my girl cat sprays too, and sometimes stuff actually comes out and i dont know what it is but its gross! the boy cat spreads socks all over the house if you dont hide them and can get them from a drawer opened like a milimeter!! the girl cat is obsessed with "daddy" but doesnt like me too much and she actually GLARES at people!! its weird!
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Females can spray too, it is not just a male thing. My three youngest cats are from the same litter. Mystery, Mouse and Penny love to hang out in the bathroom. They will sit on the tub when you take a bath or shower. My cat April was a pecular one. She passed last December but when she was alive her nick name was Blondie. She was my girl and would sleep on me every chance she got. I had to make sure i kept my arms down around her because she had this thind about licking armpits. She also loved to suck on my hair after i had taken a shower and washed it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• y dog will not eat alone. He picks up his full food dish and carries it into the room where other people are doing whatever and sets it down there and then eats it. As he is fed dry kibble, this involves a trail of dog food through the entire house and some of it falls out on the dish when he drops it before eating. He then goes back and eats it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• the cat we had growing up LOVED to drink my dad's rum and cokes! if he left his drink unattended on the coffee table, you could be sure to catch Critter sticking his paw in there to get a sip! he was the awesomest cat ever...
    i had a Himalayan when i was in HS who waited for me when i went out on the weekends. she was a fraidy cat, and NEVER interacted with the rest of the family. but when it came close to midnight when i got home, she'd come upstairs and wait at the top, calling out "mom!" (her meow sounded like she was saying mom :D ) then i'd come home and talk to my parents- she hated this! she would keep running up and down the steps waiting for me to go to bed! when i finally went downstairs, she'd sit on my bed waiting for me to go to bed- i always lay on my side and she always laid on top of my hip! it would piss her off if i didn't go right to bed too!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have two Italian Greyhounds and they only eat out of one bowl but one dog likes his food mixed with water and the other likes it dry. When I put down a bowl of wet dog food the one who likes it dry soaks her blanket in the water bowl. When I put down a bowl of dry food the other dog puts mouthfuls of food in the water bowl then bobs around for the food. There's really no winning, I've tried two bowls one of each and they will pick one food bowl to start with. haha. silly dogs!
    sharonsphoto

Answer by sharonsphoto at 12:09 AM on Oct. 15, 2009