Do you think its rude to invite acquaintances to a baby shower?

I dont think it would be rude if they accepted, it would be a nice way to get back in touch with them. I have alot of people on my baby shower list that were long lost friends that I have on my facebook. And would it be bad to rent a big place and to just have one huge baby shower instead of splitting it up. Im also having a co-ed shower.

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• NO I dont think it is tacky, especially since they were long lost friends.
    MotherHubbard78

Answer by MotherHubbard78 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I was invited to an old friend's baby shower but I didn't go, and I wish I would have. I still need to get her something, so thanks for reminding me lol!
    I don't think it's rude at all :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I think inviting old friends or friends you dont talk to as much is fine
    because they know you

but people that barely know you, like an acquaintance, might find it to be odd
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• There was a woman that I had met once before that is a friend of a friend. She actually asked if she could come. She was a great addition to the crowd and gave lots of fun times and advice.
    Marri357

Answer by Marri357 at 12:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My last shower was set up by the pastor's wife of a church my teen girls were attending......It was odd having so many people give me gifts that didn't know me very well......

BTW....My teen daughter's were attending a youth group at a church in a town we had only lived in for just a short time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My shower was set up by our church. And we had only been there a short time. I only knew maybe half the women there. But it was a nice way to get to know a lot more of them!
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 2:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2009