Would you trust this?

My boys are really sick. One has pneumonia and the flu and the other has the flu and an ear infection. All the pharmacies are out of Tami-flu and I had to go to Walgreen's to get it made. They screwed around and messed up the insurance and only filled one of the prescriptions even though I dropped them both off at the same time. I had to make another trip up there to get the second one. Well, I looked at the bottles when I got home, and it looks like one of the bottles had another label on it previously. I am seriously considering taking it back up there tomorrow and asking to have it remade in a new bottle. Am I being paranoid?

adove01

Asked by adove01 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009 in Health

• you are not paranoid. I won't trust it.
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• My mom was given another person heart medicine that could of killed her if she took it, Thankfully she took that medicine that she takes for awhile so she knew what they looked like, and they also gave her a different mg one time and that could of hurt her too, it was valium
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 11:59 PM on Oct. 13, 2009

• oh ya, I forgot to say dont trust it, take it back, if they tell you it is tamiflu tell them you dont want it and to make another one.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't trust it either. However, just a bit of info. If you don't get the tamiflu within 48 hours of the onset of the virus it can actually do more harm then good. Please call your doctor ASAP. You may need to get your kid into the hospital.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• http://www.rocheusa.com/newsroom/current/2007/pr2007062201.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• If it doesn't look right take it back!! Trust your intuition Mom!! I wish you all well!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Since both of the boys are the same size they have the same exact prescription, and I'm going to just use the one that has the correct label on it until I go back tomorrow. Thanks for the 48 hour info.
    adove01

Answer by adove01 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• You said your children have the flu. tamilfu to be effective has to be taken quickly , like within 24 hours of the onset. I am sorry your kids are sick. these are liscensed people, they KNOW better, however this flu season, is slamming everyone. They mixed it, Mrs. Smith called in, can't pick it up. slap another label on it and give it to someone who needs it. Does this have to be refrigerated? Did they mix it up, and hold it for someone else - like you? I would call the liscensing board to find out their spin, anon of coarse, and go back up to the pharmacy with info ammo. Maybe they were sloppy because they are so busy. Maybe the med suffered from standing. either way you have to take it at the beginning of flu.
    SEEKEROFSHELLS

Answer by SEEKEROFSHELLS at 12:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I would take it back, millions of people die each year cuz pharmacists make mistakes.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 12:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2009