Should I continue to breastfeed or not?

Ok this is kind of embarassing and I'm not sure I actually have it or anything but I noticed an isolated dry spot on the upper part of one of my breasts the other day and think it might be ringworm ( again not sure). I was wondering being a breastfeeding mother if that is what it is if I should continue to nurse or if I should just give her formula until I can treat it. My concern is I'm not sure if she'll catch it from me just by nursing. I know some of you may think its a stupid question but I have to be sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Health

• you should continue breastfeeding until you know for sure
    often BF mothers will continue getting excess melanin which changes the color of their skin, usually in circular pattern and can get pretty dry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• No reason not to continue, even if it IS ringworm. The antifungals used to treat it are also used for thrush. Just don't leave it on the nipple when baby's about to latch.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2009