Have you ever shot a gun? Do you own one..or more?

Just curious..my Husband and I love to shoot. We love ALL guns, and own a..few..*ahem*..haha. I can take 'em apart, put it back together, clean it, load it, shoot it (I'm a pretty decent shot, too), and We keep them way out of reach of Our Son..of course! Any other moms like me? If you're anti-gun, move along. =D

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 12:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I've shot several guns, and we also own a few guns. We have an AK-47 (sooo much fun to shoot!), a shotgun, a couple rifles and a 9mm. They're all unloaded and locked up, but I can have them out and loaded within a minute and a half.

Here's me and the AK-47.

msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 4:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have not shot one no, lol
    My husband owns a beretta 9mm.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I just found out that after 6 years, my DH has one locked in the garage and not loaded...anyway, no I have never shot one...Ive never even touched one, nor do I want to. I think they're disgusting. Granted, my dad was murdered when I was young, so that's probably an issue. and I work in a trauma center at the county hospital, so I have had peoples brains and insides on me more than I would like to remember. So I have issues with guns and we will be selling ours :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My daddy used 2 call me Annie Oakley. Lol. Yeah...shot more than a few. & yeah, I have a rifle I still keep @ my parents house & a pistol we keep here...hidden & out of kids reach. Unloaded, but easily loaded if ever needed. Cli-click! Lol
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 12:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• My parents had guns all of my childhood and I never knew about it. Of course I knew about the antique guns that my dad collects, but I didn't know they had real, working guns locked away in a safe (that I didn't know we had, either, lol!)
    Hubby was an expert marksman in the military, and I want him to take me out to the gun range and teach me how to shoot.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• OH no lol I do not own one. In face, Guns really scare me! I believe the world would be a better place without guns!
    phelmick

Answer by phelmick at 12:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I don't own one but my ex taught me how to shoot a shot gun and 9mm. My hubby wants to get one for pretection because we live in a raelly bad neighborhood and it could be useful. I have no problem with guns as long as the kids can't get them. I really think they are good for protection and would have one as long as the kids won't get it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Grew up with them, shot them and know how to protect myself. Silly, don't shoot, just pump the shotgun. The sound is enough. If people are up to no good they get gone fast. I have a cute little .25 though but no carry permit in this state.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 1:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I have shot more than a few. We have several in a gun safe in our bedroom. Pistols, rifles, and shotguns. All have trigger locks and ammo is stored in a different safe in our closet. Hubby and myself both have pistols in our vehicles. Mine is locked in my center console and the ammo is under the stow and go in the floor. Hubby keeps his under his drivers seat with ammo under the vehicle in a magnetic box made to hide a spare key. And to those ready to quote the law. We both have CC permits and it is legal for us to have them in our vehicles and on our person as long as they are unloaded and permitted in the building we are entering, but we never carry them on us. They are for protection only. We do not hunt even though we both come from families very fond of hunting. We got the CCP's after his sister was car jacked. Crime happens we are just prepared for it. And I am not worried about the kids because I watch them well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I shot a rifle once, I don't own a gun though.
    cpknut75

Answer by cpknut75 at 1:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2009