Would you take your kid with you on Black Friday?

I think I'm taking my three year old this year. We live across the country from all of my family and my hubby is deployed. I always said I would never drag her out at 4am to go shopping, but my mom pointed out that it's really no different than getting her up at 4am for a cheaper flight (which we've done about a million times).

I'm still hoping to find someone to watch her, but it's looking like she's coming with me. It's my favorite shopping day (EVER!) and I do most of my Christmas shopping. Plus, it's only one day, I think she'll survive.

Would you do it?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 1:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Taking your child is fine, I took my boy last yr for the first time and it didnt bother anyone. I also have no one to leave him with so therefore I needed to get those bargains!!! lol. It was fun and he stayed in the shopping cart the whole time( he was 5 yrs old ). Trust me it doesnt make you a bad mom.
    lizzypooh66

Answer by lizzypooh66 at 6:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I never take my kids but that is half the fun for me. Getting together with the girls and leaving the men with the kids, but if you can't find someone to keep her then I don't see anything wrong with taking her. Others will probably say that you should skip it but I don't think you are going to damage her or cause her any harm by taking her. You know your child. You know how well she will handle the crowds and getting out so early. Do what you think is best.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 1:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Just watch out for the nutters who love to run through the store, I wouldn't want your child to get trampled. Other than that I don't see why not.
    cpknut75

Answer by cpknut75 at 1:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I would skip it just because of the crowds. Its hard shopping when people are so pushy, and personally I'd rather worry about grabbing that great deal than making sure my kid doesn't get trampled in the process. Part of the fun for me is grabbing those great deals, I wouldn't want to have to worry about my child in the meantime, too.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• OMG, no. Or maybe you'll be ok with one. I have many so shopping in big crowds is no longer fun. I use to love going every year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Depends on what stores, but probably not. I HATE shopping on that day so I'm happy to stay home with my kid! LOL
    MamaTasha08

Answer by MamaTasha08 at 1:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• ill probably be taking my daughter with me but we go at like 6 am which to me is a decent hour to get up anyway.. it also happens to be my 21st birthday!!! :) yayy
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• If she would sit in a cart the entire time, I would take her. If she would insist on walking, I wouldn't. Simply due to the amount of people there and the crowds, I wouldn't feel safe with her walking.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 2:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't take her. With all the crowds she maight get scared and confused. Then she will most likely be cranky. it is hard to watch a child and get around so many people at the same time. accidents happen a lot on that day. plus she will see what she is getting. I did take mine when he was small. I took him 1 time and 1 time only, lol. will not do it again, lol. to much for me.
    Angela_1974

Answer by Angela_1974 at 4:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't take my kid, but that's because I refuse to shop on Black Friday. I hate crowds! LOL

But there's nothing wrong with taking your child with you. I would put her in a stroller, though, and keep a hand on it at all times.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2009