Tanning

my friend said u can tan while pregnant in a tanning bed she did.
Is tha true or not i didnt think you could im 26 weeks

Mallorysmom903

Asked by Mallorysmom903 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• http://www.pregnancylounge.com/tanningbed.php

Remember that tanning beds are not safe whether or not you're pregnant. The rate of melanoma among young women has skyrocketed in the past few years thanks to tanning beds, and melanoma is deadly.

It's really not coincidental that those beds look like coffins, y'know. If you can't stand paleness, Mystic Tan is safe.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Bad idea. Why would you even want to try? If anything go get the tan in the bottle. One thing for you to be stupid, just don't let it affect your baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Is having a tan really worth the slightest possibility of harming your baby? I hope not.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• i would even have the idea in my head while preg lol be the last thing on my mind , can u not wait till after the birth and treat ya self or if u want a tan for an occasion their r plenty tans in a bottle or even spray tans those are yr only opptions whiles preg x
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 5:30 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• mystic tanning is completely safe during pregnancy as there are no harmful chemicals in the product...i would also reccomend it because it helps even out your skin tone while prego (if you happened to get blotchy skin like i did)...... I lay out in the sun sometimes (i live in florida) but not for prolonged periods of time because you have to be careful with rasing your blood temperature. tanning beds make you hot as hell and besides the harmful UV rays its not reccommended for preg women. some tanning salons will refuse to let you if your preg. i'd say its worth it just to explore other options. you've only got like 4 months left!
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 7:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Tanning IS safe when your pregnant BUT your not supposed to tan more than 2-3 days a week and your NOTsupposed to tan more than 10 minutes at a time.
    I havent tanned since I found out I was pregnant but I did ask the Dr bc I was curious and I read a bunch of articles about it online. They dont want you to lay more than 10 minutes bc it makes your body temperature rise and can put the baby into distress (they said this about early pregnancy so I dont know if that still applies later on or not).
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2009