Has anyone had any luck with a breastfed baby accepting a First Years Breastflow bottle after not accepting other types?

My baby is 10 weeks and we are trying to give her a bottle (she is EBF) and she is not digging it. I have been trying with the avent bottle and newborn nipple. We've only been trying a couple days but she gets MAD when we try. I have tried and my father in law has tried (she's really really good and always calm with him) but we haven't had success. a couple times she had the nipple in her mouth but just played and didn't suck and then got upset. i'm thinking of trying the breastflow bottle...this work for anyone?

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 1:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've seen moms succeed with them.

But this is key...YOU must be ABSENT entirely. Hand baby over and go for a drive.

No baby will starve himself...but if mom is right there, darned tootin' the bottle will be refused because he knows you've got the best stuff.

Think of it this way. If you walked into your mom's house and smelled fresh-baked cookies, you'd think she'd gone nuts if she handed you a stale store bought Fig Newton while waving a plate of fresh-baked right under your nose, right?

Your breasts = fresh cookies.

Bottle = stale Fig Newton.

Your child has years to come to the conclusion that you're nuts; don't give him a head start. **wink**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• Mine who is EBF will ONLY take playtex nursers with the silicone nursers. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2009

• YES!! ~ I run a daycare and one of my babies fought every type of bottle except this one. It is awesome. The nipple really feels a lot like a human breast (wierd, I know). You will probably still have some issues to work through, but the bottle is awesome.
    I also learned to NOT snuggle him. He would get mad that I was not momma, so I fed him with his head in the crook of my knee. I also had a lot of success when I would rub his cheek, or place my hand against it. He wanted the human touch, but would get mad at the same time.
    Good luck....these little ones are difficult! Also, I agree that you need to be completely gone.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2009